Verbal bullying is a form of bullying that involves manipulating, excluding, or spreading rumors about someone. Here are some steps that can be taken to help prevent verbal bullying:
- Set a good example: The best way to prevent verbal bullying is to set a good example by being kind and respectful while speaking to others.
- Be active: Engaging in fun activities during free time can help you get rid of degrading thoughts and focus on positive interactions.
- Have a hobby: Pursuing hobbies and interests can boost your confidence and provide an outlet for self-expression.
- Make good friends: Surround yourself with supportive and caring friends who treat you with respect.
- Confide in someone: If you experience verbal bullying, it’s important to confide in a trusted adult or friend who can provide guidance and support.
Remember, fostering an atmosphere of trusted communication and relaying to others that they can talk to you about anything is vital in dealing with bullies.
For more information on preventing bullying, you can visit StopBullying.gov
To attend a virtual Bullying Prevention training on October 25th from Noon-1:30pm (eastern time), register at Bullying Prevention Training – Prevent Child Abuse Indiana (pcain.org)